Are You Ready for the New Year?
End of Year Checklist
Take a few moments this week to knock some important items off your To Do list. Here are some Ascend-specific tasks to help ensure you start off 2014 the right way.
- Take a year-end backup. Of course, you’re already doing this at the close of business every day so this goes without saying, right?
- Print or Save important reports on 12/31. We recommend the Inventory by Category Summary and Customer Liability Summary.
- Clean up your open Layaways, Work Orders and Quotes. You’ll feel better once all of your open transactions are legitimate.
- Upgrade to version 2.8. We’ve spent the last several weeks highlighting reasons you should already be running this version. If you haven’t yet, join the 600+ locations that have already upgraded!
- Have a plan to retire your XP machines. We went over this in a recent blog post, but the clock is ticking so it’s worth mentioning again.
- Set your 2014 Budget in Ascend Analytics. Review our help documentation or contact the support team for assistance.
As 2013 draws to a close, we want to thank you for letting us support your business. We enjoy the special connection we have with our customers and look forward to bringing you more great features in 2014!Tags: Ascend Analytics, Version 2.8, Windows XP