Chrome Is It!
With a nod to the old Coca-Cola campaign, I’m officially announcing that “Chrome Is It!”. Google Chrome is the official web browser of Ascend Version 3.
Why only one browser?
My decisions regarding the development of Ascend are guided by the following principles:
- We will maximize the time we spend programming new features and improvements.
- We will deliver them to our customers as quickly as possible.
- We will deliver a quality product.
Supporting multiple web browsers works against these principles in several ways:
- Extra time would have to be spent programming each new enhancement. Our programmers would have to make sure every browser is accounted for.
- We thoroughly test every new feature. Our testers would have to repeat their tests in every browser we support.
- We would likely have to spend additional time fixing bugs because of differences between browsers.
- We create automated scripts to make sure that everything that was working fine before is still working after making changes (aka Regression Testing). Our testers would have to create and maintain a set of scripts for each browser.
We chose Google Chrome as our official web browser for several reasons.
- It is the most used browser in world and its usage is steadily growing.
- It works on all operating systems.
- There is only one version and it is automatically and frequently updated.
- It’s a fast, simple, and secure web browser.
Version 2.5 Update:
We released Version 2.5 to everyone on October 1st. Nearly 400 locations have upgraded so far. If you haven’t joined them yet, click here for full details on what to do next.
Inventory Fantasy Camp:
Our spots are filling up for our November and December camps. Click here for details and instructions on reserving your spot.
Have a great week!
MarkTags: Browser, Chrome, Google Chrome, Inventory Fantasy Camp, Programming, Testing, Version 2.5, Version 3, Web Browser