Beat the summer heat
We’re in the middle of these extra-hot dog days of summer and, while you might be tempted to take a break to visit the pool, it doesn’t look like sales are slowing down anytime soon! Beat the heat with these hot tips for keeping your shop running smoothly.
In this post, we’re going to cover some cool new updates for Listen360, plunge into May 2020 for contactless payments, and take a break to discuss Special Orders.
Dive into Listen360: Listen360 is a customer engagement platform that helps improve your customer service, build better customer relationships, and increase your reviews and recommendations online. The best part? It’s already a part of every Ascend subscription, so you have access at no extra cost! Head over to Ascend University or the Ascend Knowledge Base to learn more about Listen360, then contact Ascend support to get started today!
Already a Listen360 user? We’ve got something for you too: Listen360 recently pushed out an update for their website that was aimed at making your desktop/mobile experience more pleasant and productive. These changes also set the stage for future reporting and analytics updates. The upgrades include:
- Sidebar Navigation: The largest change in this release is that the sidebar navigation is now in a panel on the left side.
- Mobile Layout: For mobile devices, the menu is displayed as a docked menu at the bottom of your screen.
- Mobile Task Pad: The Task Pad page was also updated so that following up with customers when you’re out of the office is easier.
You can read more about the changes at their website.
Plunge into contactless payment options: With the May 2020 version of Ascend, we added the ability for customers with integrated Chase payment processing in the U.S. to accept near-field communication (NFC) payments like Apple Pay, Google Pay, and VISA payWave. Let your customers know their mobile payment options with free storefront and register decals!
Use the links below to access your FREE DECAL PACKS today and start displaying the ways you’re helping keep transactions quick and keep customers safe:
Use backorders help you stay ahead: Due to the COVID19 pandemic, some bike models have ETA dates reaching out for months. One way to help get your customers’ product more quickly is by selling from existing backorders with much earlier ETAs.
The key to running this play is communication! Be sure to communicate with your staff and communicate with the customers to set realistic timeline expectations:
- When a customer is interested in an out-of-stock bike, open the bike’s Product Record in Ascend to see if the bike is currently On Order. Check if there is a Customer name next to the bike in the PO. If there is a name already in the Customer field or the Item Comments field, then this bike is already assigned to another customer and is not available. If the bike is not assigned to a customer, you’re good to go!
- Sell the product in the customer’s transaction and make sure to mark it as a Special Order.
- Double-click on the Purchase Order with the earliest Date Submitted and an available bike to open the PO.
- Use Items to Order to add the customer’s Special Order bike to the PO. Then remove the original bike from this PO. This is simply swapping one bike for the exact same bike, just attached to that specific customer. You do not need to re-submit the order or contact the vendor to make this change. Make sure the model and cost of the bike matches exactly and that you do remove the original bike, otherwise your PO will not match the invoice and will stay open indefinitely.
- Lastly, save and close the PO. You’re all set!
Sherpa Tip: You can also use the Item Comments field in a PO to manually assign the customer name and transaction barcode to the existing item; however this will not mark the item as a special order or connect it to the sale directly. So it’s less work upfront, but more work once the product arrives!
To learn more about special orders, visit the Knowledge Base.
Tags: Apple Pay, Contactless payments, Google Pay, Listen360, VISA payWave