Turn Your Old Inventory Into New Cash
Identifying and removing the oldest and slowest moving products from your stores is an important and never-ending task. To help you, we’re introducing a new Aged Inventory Report in Ascend Version 2.8.
We Simplified the Report
Before there were two reports called “Aged Inventory by Vendor and By Date” and “Aged Inventory by Date”. Now there’s just one called “Aged Inventory”. When you run the report you’ll get a Select Filters prompt to select a date and, if you want, a specific vendor.
We Added More Information:
- To see how the products are currently priced, we added columns for MSRP, Margin and Sale Price. Sale Price shows the current on sale price if the product is included in an active On Sale.
- To see the history of the products, we added Days Since Last Sold and Days Since Last Received.
- To see the vendors the products came from, we added Brand, Last Vendor and Vendors. The Vendors column is displayed in the order from which you’ve received the most.
We Made Sure It Only Includes Old Stuff:
This is trickier than it sounds. The report displays any product with either:
- All receiving and all selling history before the selected (AKA stuff that you haven’t sold and you haven’t ordered it again) OR
- All selling history before the selected date and receiving history both before and after the date entered. (AKA stuff you haven’t sold but you did re-order)
There are Lots of Cool Tricks:
There’s plenty you can do with this report once it’s on your screen. You can right-click and choose Export to open it in Excel. You can double-click on any line to open up the product record. You can sort by any column by clicking on the column header. You can drag columns in whatever order you’d like to see them. You can also filter by a specific value from any column. Just click on the littler filter symbol in the upper right hand corner of the column header.
Version 2.8 will be available for early release on November 12th. We’re scheduled to release it to everyone on December 10th.Tags: Aged Inventory Report, Inventory, Version 2.8